Zoom’s president of product and engineering Velchamy Sankarlingam indicated that Zoom is planning significant investment in India and create many IT jobs in the next 3-5 years.
Who is Velchamy Sankarlingam
- Velchamy Sankarlingam is a hand-picked Executive of Zoom. Zoom hired him last month to target the Indian video conferencing market, a growth area for Zoom.
- Velchamy Sankarlingam was born in India, from Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, and now lives in the United States.
- Velchamy worked with Eric S. Yuan who is the CEO and founder of Zoom Video Communications in his previous role at WebEx.
Zoom Presence in India
- Zoom emerged as a leader in video conferencing and currently helping Indian businesses, Schools, and other users connected with the family members during this COVID-19 crisis.
- Zoom has an office in Mumbai and two Data Centres (one in Mumbai and one in Hyderabad).
Latest on Zoom
- Zoom is investing and focusing a lot on user privacy and security and has done a phenomenal job in the last 90 days.
- It has released end-to-end encryption and over 100 new features, mainly focusing on privacy, safety, security, and other areas.
- Many of the Zoom Executives were disappointed recently for calling it a Chinese app. Zoom continues to emphasize that it is an American company committed to the safety and security of its customer while delivering the best-in-class technology-based products.
- Zoom is planning Legal Action Against JioMeet For ‘Copy-Pasting’ its App.
- Zoom said it would work with more stakeholders in India in the coming months to support Digital India, StartUp India, and Skills India, as well as introducing them to Zoom.
- Zoom will hire the Indian top talent in the Information Technology Sector.
While many people believe Zoom will provide a lot of excellent employment opportunities to Indian Tech talent, many believe that it is time to focus on Made in India-based apps and not make the same mistake we did with Tiktok.
What is your opinion?
Please share this story and support us.
follow the Indian IT Blog for Indian IT Industry News