New US H-1B visa application process to start from March 2020
US Citizenship and Immigration Services ‘USCIS’ will start accepting H-1B applications beginning from March 1, 2020.
A new visa process implemented this year to select the eligible candidates for an H-1B visa.
Let’s learn the new changes for H-1B visa this year:
Current H-1B Visa Process:
- Employer/Companies sends the filled form, supporting documentation along with H-1B visa fees to USCIS on April 1
- USCIS check number of application received, if it is more the 65,000 applications (Which is usually the case) then a lottery is run to select random 65,000 candidates
- USCIS reviews the 65,000 application and sends back remaining applications along with filing fees check and documentations
New H-1B Visa Process:
- Employer/Companies will go through a registration process where they have to provide the basic details about the company and the Employees for which they are seeking the H1B visa
- USCIS to start the initial registration period from March 1 through March 20, 2020.
- If the number of register applications is more then 65,000, then the H1B random selection process will select 65K from those electronic registrations.
- Only those with selected registrations will be eligible to file the H1B application by submitting the required documentation and required fees.
Benefits of the New H-1B process:
- The new method is very much efficient and streamlined because no paperwork needed until a candidate’s profile selects through electronic registration
- Employer and Employee both will get the lottery results faster
All the best folks if you are trying to secure the US H1B visa in 2020.
For Latest IT Industry News, Follow us on Google News and Twitter