New US H-1B visa application process to start from March 2020
US Citizenship and Immigration Services ‘USCIS’ will start accepting H-1B applications beginning from March 1, 2020.
A new visa process implemented this year to select the eligible candidates for an H-1B visa.
Let’s learn the new changes for H-1B visa this year:
Current H-1B Visa Process:
- Employer/Companies sends the filled form, supporting documentation along with H-1B visa fees to USCIS on April 1
- USCIS check number of application received, if it is more the 65,000 applications (Which is usually the case) then a lottery is run to select random 65,000 candidates
- USCIS reviews the 65,000 application and sends back remaining applications along with filing fees check and documentations
New H-1B Visa Process:
- Employer/Companies will go through a registration process where they have to provide the basic details about the company and the Employees for which they are seeking the H1B visa
- USCIS to start the initial registration period from March 1 through March 20, 2020.
- If the number of register applications is more then 65,000, then the H1B random selection process will select 65K from those electronic registrations.
- Only those with selected registrations will be eligible to file the H1B application by submitting the required documentation and required fees.
Benefits of the New H-1B process:
- The new method is very much efficient and streamlined because no paperwork needed until a candidate’s profile selects through electronic registration
- Employer and Employee both will get the lottery results faster
All the best folks if you are trying to secure the US H1B visa in 2020.