As per GitHub Blog, GitHub is expanding its operation in India through GitHub India Private Limited, a subsidiary of GitHub, Inc.
It is no surprise that India is one of the biggest offshoring hubs and currently the home of millions of software programmers and coders.
As per GitHub COO, Erica Brescia – “Our community in India is thriving, with the third-largest number of active developers on GitHub and 22 percent growth over the past year, adding to an already significant base. “
GitHub appointed Maneesh Sharma as General Manager of GitHub India; He will lead companies growth strategy in the country. Over the next few months, GitHub will build the team in the community, engineering, sales, support, marketing, and services
What is GitHub?
GitHub is a cloud-based code hosting platform for version control and collaboration. It allows you and others to share the code and work together on code or project from anywhere.
GitHub provides many additional features, including access control, task management, feature requests, bug tracking.
Some Quick Facts:
- GitHub.com was launched on April 10, 2008; 11 years ago
- GitHub was acquired by Microsoft in 2018 for $7.5 billion.
- As of August 2019, GitHub has 1079 employees.
- GitHub has over 40 million users and more than 100 million repositories
- On an average day on GitHub.com:
- More then 75k public repositories are updated
- More then 7k people push their very first repository
- 4k people create their first pull request
- 30k new issues are raised
- 4k people join GitHub.com