TikTok, which is owned by China’s ByteDance, is going through a difficult phase because it lost India – one of the biggest markets. Meanwhile, Tiktok Chief Executive Kevin Mayer assured Indian Employees that Tiktok is not going to fire or layoff any Indian Employees.
- TikTok owned ByteDance India has headquartered in Mumbai.
- There are approximately 2000 employees who work in this office.
Here are the 3 key points that Tiktok CEO shared with Indian employees through video conferencing:
- Tiktok will do “everything in power” for the workforce of 2,000 people to “restore the positive experiences and opportunities.”
- This ban is an Interim order. We will continue to support the TikTok creator community in India; Tiktok Creator managers are reaching out to “top creators” to reassure them of their efforts.
- Tiktok CEO Mr. Mayer also said that he is hopeful about TikTok’s future in India, and announced that the company will comply with all requirements of the Indian law, and will “continue playing an active role in Digital India.”
Tiktok sent a letter to the Indian Government, and it appears Tiktok has scheduled a meeting with the Indian Government; however, there is no trustworthy information.
Here are the 3 key points that Tiktok wrote in the letter to the Indian Government:
- TikTok Chief Executive Kevin Mayer said the Chinese Government has never requested user data, nor would it provide even if asked.
- Mayor added that Tiktok made the investment in the country, and provided 3,500 direct and indirect employment and Tiktok content available in 14 languages.TikTok has committed to spending $1 billion in the region.
- “The privacy of our users, and the security and sovereignty of India, are of utmost importance to us,” Mayer wrote. “We have already announced our plans to build a data center in India.”
Indian IT Blog thinks two questions need answers before we can jump on any conclusion:
- Is Tiktok hopeful to come back in the Indian Market because this ban is just an Interim Order?, and Tiktok Management thinks that they can fix the issues and legally assure nothing is wrong with App?
- They are not firing any Indian Employees because Tiktok is still growing big time in other countries, so India can always be their Offshore center?
Read the story below to know about the difference between the Interim order and Permanent Ban.
What do you think?
Please share this story if you liked it.