Many IT companies announced permanent work-from-home for most of their employees as the second wave of Corona Virus has hit many countries, and cases are surging rapidly worldwide. Many industries, especially IT Industry, just started to plan for return to the office. Still, now authorities had imposed restrictions on the number of employees in the office in many Indian states.
The American Tech major will let its employees work from home permanently on choice. Microsoft will allow employees to work from home freely or for 50 per cent of the working week, and managers will approve permanent WFH.
The company unveiled ‘Hybrid Workplace’ guidance internally to allow for far greater flexibility.
As a part of a six-stage hybrid workplace strategy, the company also announced to reopen its Washington-based headquarters and nearby offices from March 29.
Currently, only 5 per cent of Infosys staff is going to office in India, and the rest of the employees are working from home. The company declares that its 33 per cent of employees will work permanently from home, around 80 thousand employees globally to be working from home permanently.
Covid has increased the WFH trend and broke many beliefs that it will reduce staff productivity and efficiency.
Tata Consultancy Services quickly implemented a work-from-home plan for its employees. Now, the company has decided to reduce office-going staff up to 25 per cent. TCS will allow 75 per cent of staff to work-from-home by 2025.
Its new 25/25 model proposes that only 25 per cent of the employees will be in the office, and anyone employee will only spend 25% of their time at the workplace.
The list of companies announcing permanent Work-from-Home includes the Tech service provider, Tech Mahindra, as the company plans for 25 per cent to 30 per cent of its total employees to work from home permanently within the following year.
This model will also change policies, change facilities, and create a new work model to attract the best talent.
- Twitter announced that many of its employees would be permitted to work from home permanently even after the coronavirus ends.
- Tech giant Facebook has also announced that about half of its workforce would work from home in five to 10 years.
- CEO Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase said that 20-30 per cent of the company’s staff would work from home on a changeable schedule due to the Covid-19.
- The cloud-storage company Dropbox will let all employees work from home permanently as it turns its offices into WeWork-like’ collaborative spaces’.
- Amazon has extended the remote work policy for office employees until June 30, 2021.
- Salesforce announced that its employees would work remotely full-time as per choice, and few employees expect to work from the office 4-5 days per week if employees are in roles that require it.