India has recently taken a bold step to Ban 59 Chinese Apps and now challenging talented Indian Techies and Indian Startups to develop the ecosystem and boost the innovation in India. India launched AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovate Challenge.
India is the land of opportunity and dreams. If you have an Indian App that is already being used by citizens and can scale and become world-class Apps in their respective categories, this challenge is for you.
Here are the 10 things to know everything about Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovate Challenge
- English meaning or translation of AatmaNirbhar
Within a few hours of PM Modi’s announcement, people started searching for this word on Google.
The English definition of AatmaNirbhar is self-sufficient; Self-sufficient means you can fulfill needs without outside aid. In other words, one being incredibly confident about the ability or worth.
For Example, we depend on Twitter for microblogging; we depend on Facebook for Social Networking. Japan is one of the countries that is often considered Self-sufficient.
- Sponsors of this AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovate Challenge
There are two Sponsors of this App Innovate Challenge.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is also known as MeitY, an official agency of the Republic of India’s Union Government.
- The Atal Innovation Mission is a flagship initiative of NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
- Apps Categories for this Challenge
The App should be in one of the below 8 board categories set by the sponsors.
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Made iHealth & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
- Requirements or Wishlist from Government for this Challenge
There is a well-defined list compiled by Govt of India that is the master requirement.
- Facial/Body mapping technology App to allow for a virtual try out of products like spectacles, clothes, etc.
- Speech-to-speech translation(real-time) and camera translation of multiple languages App
- Image scanner App with features like image editing, text recognition, etc.
- App to optimize mobile device’s performance by cleaning junk/cache files
- Photo-editing App with all standard image editing features
- Online gaming platform with a social network for gamers
- Satellite imagery and street maps, with features such as a route planner for traveling by foot, car, or with public transportation.
- News app to recommend the personalized and most relevant and exciting news
- Microblogging App
- Messaging and video calling App
- Live streaming platform for hosting webinars, lectures, etc.
- Anti-virus software for mobile devices.
- Cloud storage integration App to provide cross-platform file transfer via FTP or LAN, and a root browser on a mobile device
An automated web-based application that handles the business-to-business lead generation and cold emailing and is completely manageable from a mobile device itself.
- Who can participate in this challenge
This contest is exclusively for Indian Citizens; therefore, only Indian Techies, Indian Entrepreneurs, and Indian Startups origin and based in India can participate.
- How to participate in this challenge
- The Innovation Challenge will be available on innovating .mygov.in
- The applicant must apply only online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal by 18th July 2020
- Last date for Submission: 18th July 2020 at 5:30 P.M
- Screening of Entries Received 20th to 24th July 2020
- Evaluation by the Jury 27th July to 3rd August 2020
- Final Announcement 7th August 2020
- SELECTION PROCESS of the winner of this AATMA challenge
A Jury that has experts from Private Sector & Academia will Evaluate the Apps from various categories based on below five parameters:
- User Friendliness
- The prize for the winner of this AATMA challenge
The biggest prize of this contest is that the Government will also adopt winning Apps, guide them to maturity, and support in the future for Global Platform.
- First Prize: 20 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 15 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 10 Lakhs
- Promoting Made In India Apps and provide Government support
Last but not the least, after the historical decision of banning 59 Apps, this challenge is going to provide a huge platform to all Indian Entrepreneurs. The Government recognized Apps would get all necessary support to expand its footprints in India and globally as well.
Please follow the Indian IT Blog for IT Industry News in India
For Latest IT Industry News, Follow us on Google News and Twitter