Many criticized Tech Mahindra for ignoring employees’ health and wellness because employees from multiple Tech Mahindra locations found Covid-19 positive cases.
Recently the news of one employee from Tech Mahindra Noida office and seven employees from Tech Mahindra Bhubneswar office has gone viral. Tech Mahindra has come up with a plan now to arrange the COIVD-19 Testing.
According to Harshvendra Soin, Global Chief People Officer and Head of Marketing Tech Mahindra:
- Tech Mahindra will arrange COVID -19 Testing for 20,000 employees and vendors.
- Tech Mahindra will bear the cost of COVID-19.
- Not only Tech Mahindra employees but the people from vendors, such as the pantry, sanitation, and security, will also be included.
- All Tech Mahindra India offices will have the arrangement of COVID-19 Testing.
- Currently, ~10 percent of Tech Mahindra employees are working from offices. Tech Mahindra has announced to consume campus placement as committed earlier.
We all understand that there are Business needs of the organization. Therefore, 10% of employees are working from office; however, Indian IT Blog believes that this number is high if you look at the largest IT company TCS where only 1% of employees work from the office currently.
As a final thought, life is always valuable than work, and employees should be treated well, especially during this pandemic.
Indian IT Blog supports the National Information Technology Employees Senate (NITES), a union of IT employees who have written Pune District Collector demanding compulsory work from home (WFH) for IT, ITES, BPOs and KPOs employees in Pune.
As per Punekar News, NITES General Secretary Mr. Harpreet Saluja said, Several companies across Maharashtra are either terminating employees without any reasonable cause or withholding their salaries.
Due to these unethical practices by many employers, more than six lakh IT employees in Pune are at risk.
Please follow the Indian IT Blog for latest IT News