Tata Consultancy Services, an Indian IT major, has always been one of the IT companies in which freshers and professionals aspire to work. So getting a job at TCS is no less than a dream come true for techies. However, TCS has added TCS NQT (National Qualifier Test) to its hiring process for complete virtual assessment and onboarding of new candidates. Here are the details the candidate needs to know about TCS NQT 2021.
TCS NQT 2021 –
TCS NQT is a qualifier multi-level test assessment to assess the competence of the core cognitive process required for entry-level jobs, industry-specific knowledge and insights, and skills to perform various job roles.
What is TCS NQT –
TCS NQT (National Qualifies Test) is an ability test that assesses competencies and skills. Each student or candidate who goes through the test receives an NQT Score. The NQT (cognitive skills) score is applicable for all industries and job roles.
Candidates can retake the TCS National Qualifier Test to improve their previous scores, and the test is conducted every quarter.
- Having an NQT (Cognitive Skills) score is essential for all the tests.
- NQT score has a validity of two years.
- Exams are conducted online (From Home) and Physical In-centre at TCS iON Job Listing Portal.
- Candidates with NQT scores are eligible to apply on the TCS iON Job Listing Portal.
- Candidates with an NQT score can use it for any entry-level job in any organization.
TCS NQT Eligibility criteria –
Candidates with Diploma, Graduation, and Post-Graduation in their pre-final and finals can apply for the test. Simultaneously students with any degree and specialization and freshers with less than two years of experience are also eligible for the TCS NQT.
Variants of NQT –
There are four variants in the test NQT (Cognitive Skills), Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test), Industry NQT, and Subject NQT.
NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score –
NQT (Cognitive Skills) score is a performance measure of cognitive skills in verbal, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test) Score –
Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric Test) Score is based on the test to access personality traits and dispositions relevant to the workplace.
Industry NQT Score –
Industry NQT Score is a performance measure of the understanding of industry-specific dimensions.
Subject NQT Score-
Subject NQT Score is a performance measure of role-specific skills on the dimensions of knowledge and ability.
Companies that acknowledge TCS NQT –
Many major organizations acknowledge TCS NQT for its recruitment process. However, candidates need to apply to each company on their job portal separately.
- Tata Electronics
- Data Patterns
- UXD Jobs
- Prototech Solutions
- Happiest Minds
- Norican Group
- Nava Bharat
TCS iON –
TCS iON, a Tata Consultancy Services strategic unit, conducts exams for TCS NQT and publishes the TCS NQT score.
TCS iON’s cloud-based solution gives businesses and educational institutions increased efficiencies, faster go-to-market, predictability of technology, and spend and better business results.
TCS NQT 2021 Registration Process –
Candidates who want to apply for a specific company or organization need to first apply for NQT. Below are the steps for applying for the TCS NQT.
- Log in to the official website of TCS NQT.
- Candidates need to click on the “Buy Now” or “Activate Now” on the variants of TCS NQT.
- Log in with TCS iON Digital Learning Hub credentials or sign up as a new user.
- After login, the candidate needs to enter the personal details required to complete the registration process.
- After successful registration, the candidate needs to make payment, and the Hall ticket will be issued after payment.
- There are two modes of assessment, online Remote Proctored Assessment and In-Centre Assessment.
- In the Online assessment, the candidate receives the login credentials on the registered e-mail ID before two days of evaluation.
- In-centre assessment, the candidate gets Hall Ticket before two days of assessment.
TCS NQT Syllabus –
TCS NQT (Cognitive Skill) –
NQT (Cognitive Skills) test assesses the general ability of the candidate in the following sections. TCS NQT (Cognitive Skills) is a mandatory test to register for other tests in TCS NQT.
- Verbal Ability – The section is to assess English grammar, its use, and reading comprehension. The unit includes 24 questions for 30 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability – The reasoning Ability section assesses words and numeric patterns, problem-solving, figural and factual analysis, decision-making, propositional reasoning, and visual-spatial reasoning. The unit contains 30 questions, and the duration is 50 minutes.
- Numerical Ability – The section assesses numbers, arithmetic, elementary statistics, data interpretation. The unit has 26 questions and has 40 minutes duration.
Attitudinal Alignment –
This test contains work styles, personality traits relevant to the work. In addition, the Psychometric test section assesses the attitude alignment for an entry-level role. NQT (Cognitive Skills) Score is mandatory to appear for Attitudinal Alignment NQT (Psychometric test).
Industry NQT –
Industry NQT assesses understanding and awareness of a specific industry in Industry structure, operational language, process and practices, regulatory environment, detailed business and technical trends, and competitive landscape. There are different Industry NQT for multiple industries like IT, Banking, retail, and Banking and Financial Services. Therefore, the candidates can take multiple Industry NQT to show their expertise in different industries.
Subject NQT –
Subject NQT assesses specific subject knowledge and skill of job roles in the following areas.
- Candidates have to assess questions in Pseudocode, Algorithms, Programming constructs, basic Software Development Life Cycle and its stage-wise documents, implementation using C, C++, and Java.
- Candidates can code in any programming language like C, C++, Java, Python, and PERL.
There are Subject NQT for different subjects like IT programming, Basic Computer Skills, and Accountant. The candidate gets a Subject NQT score for that subject and can appear for as many Subject NQT as desired.
Job Offers by TCS –
The position offered for freshers by TCS is called Ninja. The company gives roles like TCS Digital for candidates who exceptionally perform in TCS NQT. In Addition, TCS offers the Innovator role for Tier 1 college students like IITs and NITs.
TCS NQT Coding/Programming Questions –
When a candidate opts for IT Programming under Subject NQT of TCS NQT, Coding/Programming questions are an important part of the coding section. These coding or programming questions can help candidates outperform in IT Programming Subject NQT if solved with accuracy.
There is a pattern in the previous versions of NQT under Coding/Programming questions.
- The candidate needs to solve two questions in 45 minutes
- In the Coding Questions, C/C++/Java/Python/PERL languages are allowed
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of fundamentals of Programming
In FY 20-21, TCS hired over 40000 out of 368000 freshers who applied for TCS NQT 2020 from colleges all over the country. From this pool, TCS Interviewed nearly 1 lakh students with NQTs virtual platform. In addition, the company onboarded all selected candidates digitally in India and worldwide.
For Latest IT Industry News, Follow us on Google News and Twitter