Big News for IT Professionals:
The Supreme Court of India has officially accepted the petition to examine the issue of Layoffs and Salary Cuts of Indian Software and IT Companies.
What is this petition and how it started:
- This petition is a Public Interest Litigation, also known as ‘PIL’ in the Supreme Court of India for all issues of Layoffs and Illegal Salary Cuts of IT/ITES/BPO/KPO employees due to Covid-19 lockdown impact.
- Even though the Government Of India and State Government has issued several adversaries against mass layoffs and salary cuts, still many companies across the country have started to terminate its employees without any reasonable cause and withholding or cutting their salaries.
- This PIL was filed in the Indian Supreme court to protect IT/ITES/BPO/KPO employees from unethical practices arising due to the Covid-19 lockdown impact.
- The petition against IT layoffs was filed by National Information Technology Employees Senate (NITES) and Advocate Rajesh Inamdar through Advocate-on-Record Amit Pai in the Supreme Court.
Who will be benefited:
- This petition will have a massive impact on the Indian IT Industry, and the way IT/ITES/BPO/KPO sector is currently operating.
- I will benefit IT/ITES/BPO/KPO employees since the IT companies are aware that this petition is being heard soon in Indian Supreme Court.
- Hearing on this petition is scheduled on May 15th, 2020