In an apparent move, the board of directors at Tata Consultancy Services has approved the re-appointment of Rajesh Gopinathan as Chief Executive officer and MD for the next five years from February 21, 2022, to February 20, 2027.
TCS has also approved the re-appointment of N. Ganapathy Subramaniam as Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director effective February 21, 2022, to May 19, 2024, as per the retirement age policy of the company.
The journey of Rajesh Gopinathan
Gopinathan was elevated to the CEO position in February 2017 for five years, which will end in February 2022. Previously, he was Chief Financial Officer in the company since 2013 and played a crucial role in helping the company become a 20.9 billion USD global organization.
Before being appointed as Chief Financial Officer, Gopinathan was the Vice President, Business Finance. In the role, he was responsible for the financial management of the company’s individual operating units.
He joined TCS in 2001 from the Tata Industries and worked to drive TCS’ newly established e-business unit in the United States. He was associated with the design, structure, and implementation of the new organizational structure and operating model of TCS. Additionally, he worked on multiple assignments with Tata companies as part of the Tata Strategic Management Group since 1996.
Key achievements of Rajesh Gopinathan
- Gopinathan has received the “2019 Management Man Achiever of the year” by Bombay Management Association.
- Rajesh was listed as one of the Top 100 Global CEOs in the Brand Guardianship Index 2019.
- He also received the “CEO Force for Good Award” by the Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose (CECP) for the global scale and impact on employee volunteerism, community engagement, STEM education, and digital re-skilling programs.
- Gopinathan was also ranked as ‘Best CEO’ in Institutional Investor’s 2018 All Asia Executive Team rankings.
- In 2014, he received the “Young Alumni Achiever’s Award” under the “Corporate Leader” category from IIM, Ahmedabad.
N. Ganapathy Subramaniam has been the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of TCS since February 2017. He has contributed to the company’s transformation towards enterprise agility, excellence & rigor in operations, risk & compliance, enterprise security, and strategic deployment of infrastructure and resources during the last four years. In addition, he manages several strategic client relationships, oversees some of the subsidiary’s business performance, and drives tools, patents, products & platforms portfolio of the company.