KPIT Technologies Limited (KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd.) headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra, India, is expanding its presence in Europe and setting up a new Software Engineering Center in Munich, Germany.
- KPIT already has development centers in Europe, the USA, Japan, China, Thailand, and India; however, this new center will act as KPIT’s largest global software integration and technology center.
- Tech center will house electrification, autonomous driving, AUTOSAR & vehicle diagnostics, and other areas, including the digital cockpit.
- This Software Engineering center will work towards complex automotive software needs amid significant technology shifts.
- This KPIT center will have over 700 employees from more than 25 nationalities; this facility will serve as a global competence center to meet the
- Kishor Patil, CEO, KPIT Technologies, said, “Europe is now our largest growth market and the significant investments that KPIT has made over the last decade in technologies will make a difference to the automotive & mobility ecosystem.
- In the last few years, KPIT has invested a lot in Europe through acquisitions and partnerships with technology companies.
Background about KPIT Technologies
- The year 1990: Two charted accountant by profession Ravi Pandit and Kishor Patil founded KPIT in Pune.
- The year 1999: KPIT’s initial public offer (IPO) was oversubscribed 50 times.
- The year 2002: IT department of Cummins Infotech merged with KPIT and company renamed to KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd.
- The year 2013: Company name changed to KPIT Technologies Limited and started focusing on its core business of engine and generator manufacturing
- KPIT has expertise in Product Engineering and continues to grow in this area.
- KPIT currently has 7000+ employees worldwide to support a big list of KPIT products and services, including embedded software to automotive companies, Autonomous Driving, Connected Vehicles, etc.
- KPIT’s clients include BMW, Cummins, Paccar, and Lafarge.
This is really a great milestone by KPIT.
Please follow the Indian IT Blog for IT Industry News.