After Hyderabad and Bengaluru, Microsoft will have a new 4000-employee campus in Greater Noida, the Uttar Pradesh.
- The software major currently has two campuses – capacities of 5,000 and 2,000 each- in Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
- The new campus will be the first major Microsoft campus in North India.
- Rajiv Kumar (Microsoft India MD) and UP Government minister Sidharth Nath Singh had a virtual meeting where both agreed on this plan. As per Mr. Singh, the UP government is simplifying the process for large Technology companies to invest in North India by allocating them the land within 1 kilometer of Express Highway.
- UP government has a massive plan to set up an electronics manufacturing park near the Jewar International Airport along the Yamuna Expressway that connects Greater Noida with Agra.
- The government expects to roll out investor-friendly policies and subsidies and incentives for large Technology companies in North India.