Wipro chairman Rishad Premji has done a phenomenal job at the 74th Annual General Meeting of Wipro Technologies.
Rishad Premji was appointed as Wipro Chairman in July last year.
Here are the five key details from the Annual General Meeting of Wipro Technologies.
- Wipro has not laid off any employee and has no plans of laying off due to the Covid-19 pandemic impact on business.
- Wipro’s delivery model will continue to focus on ‘Future needs of work’ and promote a virtual, adaptive, distributed, no-shore, agile, and a cloud-first approach.
- Due to COVID-19, ~93% of Wipro employees globally are working from home.
- Wipro repurposed the kitchen in its facility at Bangalore, Pune, and Kolkata to provide cooked meals twice daily for 74 days to thousands of families. Additionally, the Wipro campus in Pune is converted into a 450 bed COVID isolation hospital.
- On the issues related to H1B visas, Premji said that, though the move is unfortunate, Wipro is promoting local hiring, and close to 70 percent of the Wipro employees in the US are locals.
Three things mentioned by Rishad Premji as he concluded the meeting:
Thierry (Thierry Delaporte) is the right leader for Wipro in this dramatically changing world. Welcome, Thierry.
Wipro turns 75 this year. Your company has transformed many times over the years, but our guiding force has been constant – our Values, which we call the ‘Spirit of Wipro.’
I am confident that with trust and the team-work of all Wiproites, We will emerge stronger from the crisis, and the best of Wipro lies ahead.
Indian IT Blog has huge respect for Mr. Azim Premji for his leading role as a philanthropist in India. As of September 2019, he had donated $21 billion for various philanthropic work.
Thank you for supporting us!! Please share this story and follow us on twitter