Covid-19 Crisis: 35% Infosys Employees may Work From Home Permanently
According to the media reports, Infosys Technologies is planning to allow permanent Work from Home to its 35% workforce in India.
As work from home (WFH) model becoming the new norm due to the Covid-19 crisis, the majority of Indian Software and IT companies are actively working on long term plans.
As per the HR Head and Executive Vice President of Infosys, Richard Lobo’s interview with Business Today:
- 50% of the Infosys Employees will return to the office once things start to return normal
- Additional 16 % (Total 66%) will return to the office once things stabilize and everyone feels safe
- ~35% may work from home permanently; Infosys currently has 2.42 lakh employees, which means about 80,000 employees will be working from home.
- ~35% workforce will work from home forever. Though it will not always be the same set of people.
- Infosys does not have any timeline on when the new long term plan will be implemented
- Currently, 5% of Infosys Employees are going to the office, while the remaining is working from home.
Please follow the Indian IT Blog for latest Indian IT News