Wipro brought more than 500 employees from the US, UK, and Australia in special chartered flights.
Wipro Technologies continues the trend where top Indian Information Technology companies are bringing their employees back from foreign countries due to the current coronavirus-induced crisis.
- Most of the employees brought back are those whose visas have expired, or the expiration date is near.
- Recently TCS, Infosys, and Tech Mahindra also brought employees back from the foreign land through chartered flights.
- More than 150 Wipro employees ‘wiproites’ and their family members have already landed Bangalore in the early hours in Wipro arranged a charter flight from JFK New York – USA.
- Wipro’s President and chief HR officer, Saurabh Govil, told TOI: “We are also chartering flights to bring back our employees from London and Germany.”
- Wipro is working with Vande Bharat’s mission also to bring back some of its workers too. Govil said: “We bring back employees every quarter. But this time around, we had a backlog as flights weren’t operational,”
Due to continuous Visa issues, companies have started local hiring in the last 2-3 years, and if you have seen the Q1 results, top Indian IT companies have more than 50% local employees.
More than 70% of WIPRO employees in the US are local.
Well, it is undoubtedly good news for many who were facing immigration-related issues.
Thank you, Wipro!!
Please support the Indian IT Blog by sharing this story and follow us on Twitter.