Amazon – World’s largest eCommerce company has a new CEO. Amazon announced AWS CEO Andy Jassy will be the new CEO of Amazon replacing current CEO Jeff Bezos starting from the third quarter of this year.
Andy Jassy may not be the new name for Amazon; however, the entire world is looking right now to Amazon’s Newly appointed CEO as he is a few months away to lead the world’s largest and revolutionary organization. Indian IT Blog listed down few things about Andy Jassy, who is the New Amazon CEO.
Five things to know about Amazon New CEO Andy Jassy:
- Andrew R. Jassy, popular as Andy Jassy is 53-year-old and current CEO of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Andy was born to Jewish parents and earned an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Andy joined Amazon in 1997; he founded Amazon Web Services (AWS), with a team of just 57 people in 2003 and later became AWS CEO in 2016. He did a stellar job raising AWS from a small business to one on a $50 billion run rate. He knows in and out of Amazon’s most profitable business. AWS which Jassy manages accounted for About 52% of Amazon’s operating income as of October 2020. AWS contributed to a 28% revenue growth.
- According to Tech Crunch, Jassy is the second most public-facing figure at Amazon and has lead one of its most successful business units.
- In 2016, as an AWS CEO, Jassy earned $36.6 million whereas in the last few years he received over $42 million in Amazon stocks.
- Jassy has not escaped from the controversy: He defended AWS’s facial recognition software as critics pressured the company to halt sales to law enforcement.
About Amazon: Founded in 1994 as an online bookstore and now a mega online retailer that sells and delivers all sorts of products worldwide. In January of last year, Amazon surpassed a $1 trillion market cap under Bezos’ leadership. It’s now worth more than $1.6 trillion.
For Latest IT Industry News, Follow us on Google News and Twitter